Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring & Summer Shenanigans 2012

My prized Raveonettes poster signed by Sharin Foo!!
As a winter storm blows in from the north, my mind is miles away in the hot and languorous days of summer. Sipping on Iced Caramel Macchiatos as I furiously try to collect stars and earn a Gold Card at Starbucks. Running to concerts after work, or reliving my childhood at playgrounds and parks. All that being said, seems like there's also a lot of new music to look forward to as well!


Sharin and I at the Sled Island Music Festival June 2011
Fuzzy photo courtesy of my 2-megapixel not-smart phone...
The Raveonettes are releasing their 4-song Into the Night EP on April 24th! The band is set to release their 6th full-length album later this year. Here's a link to a sample track:

Night Comes Out

Sune and Sharin from my "too-far-to-the-right-side" vantage point
I went to see their show on June 26, 2011 and for some reason I now associate them with summer and summer with them! My ultimate summer song: Dead Sound. Going to see them was an amazing experience! They had two drummers, one behind Sharin and the other behind Sune, and the way they synchronized to "Apparitions" made me realize that even a concert in a smaller venue with not much in the way of lights/smoke/props can still visually stun. It's been nearly a year and I still haven't stopped gushing about them! :D 


Dead Sound 

... Oh. Umm, this was actually the first time I ever watched the music video. It's not exactly what I imagined when I listen to it, but I guess the "dead" sound makes more sense now :x


Apparitions 



****


Here's an interview with LIGHTS in Variance Magazine, check it out! When you click Expand, scroll to page 12-13 and you'll have to zoom in to read it :P 


Cheers,
iKaria




No comments:

Post a Comment