Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Hollies


Talk about a blast from the past - I remember listening to The Hollies and the Gypsy Kings as my mom and I went on road trips through the Rocky Mountains. I'd look at the little waterfalls running down the sides of the mountains as my mom drove along the winding curves of the roads. I was listening to The Hollies on YouTube a while back and as "Dear Eloise" came up on my playlist today, I thought I should share my first favorite band!


The Hollies are an English pop/rock band from the 1960s and their music, for me, is synonymous with childhood. I remember telling my grandpa to listen to "Dear Eloise" - apparently my habit of sharing my favorite music started young! 


Dear Eloise

It feels odd to watch the music video and see their interpretation of the song after all this time x) Kinda neat to put a face to the voice though :) 


He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother

I've always loved the message in this song - even before I had a brother! And now that I do, I can easily tear-up to this song if I really get into the lyrics. 


The Air that I Breathe

Just imagine: driving down the highway as the summer sun is setting and not worrying (as only a kid can) that you might never return to the places you're leaving, and unsure of where you're heading, but loving every minute of the journey. I had NO idea what this song was about ( ie. "making love to you"...) but I knew it was about happiness and simplicity ^^


Bus Stop

Haha, even little me knew this song was about love lost. Ahh, summer romance...
(I also find it amusing how I can only hear the singing from my left speaker. Yup, definitely grateful for stereo recordings ^^)


Long Cool Woman In a Black Dress

Mmm, I can just imagine setting out on our trip with this song. A nice foot-tapping, head-nodding song about some sexy vixen in a LBD (little black dress)... LOL


****


Aha, oh stop it YouTube, always leading me on and on with your recommendations...


I definitely remember listening to Dusty Springfield at some point - just as an aside, I love the name "Dusty"! I'm pretty sure I remember seeing the Pulp Fiction soundtrack cover. Dayum... my mom was/is cool B) 

Son of a Preacher Man


Banksy
And thus my fascination with urban street art began...
You can expect a post about Banksy soon!

Cherio,
iKaria



No comments:

Post a Comment