Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cry-Baby

Johnny Depp as the original Cry-Baby in Cry-Baby (1990)

Goddammit Adele... why is your voice so beautiful?? I think I began tearing up before the song even started *wipes cheek* and then once you sung that first line... *blows nose* I choked up.


Adele - Someone Like You


I think it must be true that Rolling In the Deep's "I'm gonna be fine without you" mentality has a counter-part in Someone Like You's "I'm on my knees without you" pain. T
he jerk who broke her heart - I'd push his nose in. The dude even had the nerve to ask for royalties from her album sales because he feels their doomed relationship was the inspiration for some of the tracks.... really???

SO this post is about all the songs that make me cry. (An AWESOME theme, I know :DD) Usually it has to be the right time - for instance you're having a terrible day, or you keep smacking your (not-so) funny bone, maybe you've got a cold or maybe you're just feeling down in the gutters and you listen to a sad song over and over (and over and over and over) again and you've cried so much that all that remains of your mascara are black streaks down your face.... yeah, I've been there B|

As much as I love Saturnine, if I listen to it too much it gets my bleary-eyed.

The Gathering - Saturnine

This one is about broken hearts of another kind - based on what I gathered from the video, lyrics and comments I believe the song is about a friend who committed suicide.

Evanescence - Hello

I went through an "emo" phase in high school... complete with black clothing, purple hair, Emily the Strange and Evanescence.

Avril Lavigne - Slipped Away

This song is still difficult for me to listen to. I listened to it for weeks after my grandpa passed away.

Emily Haines & The Soft Skeleton - Doctor Blind

A hauntingly beautiful song.

Thank goodness for tissue paper.

iKaria

No comments:

Post a Comment