Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"The Feel Bad Movie of Christmas"

Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth Salander, the conflicted anti-heroine
One of my favorite reads of all time is "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo", where I met one of the most powerful heroines to rock the literary front. I've watched the English dub of the 2009 Swedish version (apparently the subtitled version is better?) and I'll admit, I like what Noomi Rapace and Michael Nyqvist did with the roles of Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist respectively. Even so, I am curious to see what Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig will do with the roles in the 2011 Hollywood release. BUT (a BIG but) once again, movies are never as fun as using your imagination. Honestly, how many times have movie characters portrayed characters the way YOU saw them?

I always imagined that Lisbeth was more like a mixture of Emily the Strange and Noodle from the Gorillaz...


"I may be odd but I always get even."  - Emily the Strange


Cyborg Noodle
Not gonna lie, I didn't know who Noodle was until earlier today either. I'd always just thought of her as 'the girl from the Gorillaz characters'. You should read her story though, it's highly entertaining: Noodle (Gorillaz)

Without further ado, I present to you, guys and gals, the 2011 trailer:
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Exclusive Trailer Debut

(The music in the background is a Trent Reznor and Karen O cover of Led Zepellin's "Immigrant Song")

No comments:

Post a Comment