Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Mad World


This song isn't new, nor is the choreography in the video, and for that matter this particular music video came out 8 years ago, but I still found that it was a powerful combination when put together.



Mad World



I'd heard the song before, but I never gave it much thought until I saw this music video. How did I come to watch the video? Well... I was on Pandora.com (STILL looking for websites with free playlists .... that work in Canada...), and on the Muse-inspired custom radio station they'd created for me, "Mad World" came on. This isn't the original version - Michael Andrews and Gary Jules covered Tears for Fears' "Mad World" (1982) for the movie Donnie Darko (2001).

So it's not new, but it has value therefore, is it still creative? 

****

Meet "IZ":
Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole (1959 - 1997) was a Hawaiian musician who became famous for his covers of "Over the Rainbow" and Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World".

Over the Rainbow


He inspires me to pick up my ukulele and give it another go!

His video was in the sidebar for Mad World... the YouTube sidebar works in mysterious ways :)


iKaria

No comments:

Post a Comment