Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Random Epicness Part II: English is Weird

I dunno where this came from ... again, found it somewhere deep in the dark depths of my computer O_0

Here's something to boggle your mind with.

I had the strangest conversation with my friend Wiki P. Edia today:
He said to me, "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is." To which I replied, "O rly?"

His next remark was then, "James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher." My response: "Is that so?... wait, who's James. And who's John??"

His answer? 

This story was brought to you by the Muses of Facebook (a.k.a. my pals. Thanks guys!) and the lexical ambiguity of the English language. Stay tuned for the next episode...


Instead of a song, I figured since everyone's been talking about Rebecca Black's "Friday" (or FRY-day as I like to call it), here's one vlogger's opinion of the song:

And if you haven't heard the original...

Hmm...

2 comments:

  1. The lexical ambiguity of the English language boggles my mind!! But it makes so much more sense when you add a bit of punctuation! So cool. Did not know these ridiculous sentences existed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buffalo buffalo buffalo... made me laugh! "valid sentence" LOL I'll say that some time.

    ReplyDelete