Thursday, December 15, 2011

Winter Exams: A Playlist

If you've been following along with my playlist fiasco - I appreciate the two of you more than you'll ever know - then you'll know that ever since playlist.com blocked "my region" from listening to any music earlier this year, I've been searching high and low for a new site/method to upload playlists. I would have liked to say that thanks to my genius-ness, I cleverly discovered that I could simply upload YouTube playlists (since YouTube has EVERYTHING a little music blogger's heart could desire ^^) ... but, alas it was the genius-ness of my boyfriend to whom I owe thanks *sigh* Thanks hun! :DD

Sooo....

The Playlist! 

I present to you my "Winter Exam" playlist! A terrible title, I know, but at least it's pretty self-explanatory. Anyways, I figured if this worked out nicely then I could transfer all my previous and future playlists onto YouTube. Here's the story behind the two bands featured on this playlist:

Mogwai: bf linked "Letters to the Metro" to me on fbook, and I've seen him listening to them on YouTube while studying. They have a really nice ambiance to study to, a sort of mystic, yet I'm-sitting-in-a-coffee-shop-and-zoned-out kinda feel, which is exactly what I like when I'm studying! I can't listen to anything too stimulating otherwise I end up listening to the music and not studying (a VERY easily attained alternative).  



The Envy Corps: they were recommended to me on fbook by a friend who works at my campus radio station. The first song I listened to was "Ms. Hospital Corners" followed by "Make It Stop" which really reminded me of Radiohead cuz the guy's voice sounds a lot like Thom York. (Anybody else like to pronounce the "th" in their heads?) At any rate, they're a nice band to ease you into Mogwai and into some crazy "in the zone" studying state. 


*Disclaimer*: I don't guarantee that your studying will be more efficient, or that you will not get distracted because chances are, if you're on the Internet THEN YOU'RE ALREADY DISTRACTED, lol! Just take a look at the pic at the beginning of this post Ç

Ehhh, but I'm not one to point fingers.... why do ya think I created this blog two years ago during "reading break"? :P

Hope you enjoy! Rate/comment and tell me what you thought of it :D

Cheers!
iKaria

No comments:

Post a Comment