Sunday, December 18, 2011

illusion

from  a nifty little wallpaper app on my iPod
Halloo!

Hope your weekend has been splenderific! (I wasn't sure if this was a real word. How do I know it is? Spell check didn't correct me :)


As the mounting doom stress of my last two exams weighed down on me, plus the stress of christmas shopping, plus the stress of buying bus tickets to visit my grandma, plus the stress of interviews &ct... My weekend got off to a bit of a rough start, BUT, it was not completely unproductive :)

I present to you illusion, my "life, y u no give me a break?" playlist, complete with a little poem/lyrical mishmash created by yours truly. You may (or may not) be wondering: "Why the heck would you post something like this?" to which my response would be "well, I thought long and hard about it, and my conclusions were: first of all, I'm sure everybody feels like this at some point, so you can probably relate; and secondly, I spent 3+ hours creating/editing the playlist and composing/editing the accompanying 'letter'.... so why shouldn't I post it?" If nothing else, it was a fun creative exercise, and it helped me to go from the Kleenex-box-in-hand "Hello" (I cannot listen to this song without tearing up) to the I'm-going-to-throw-myself-though-a-hole-in-the-middle-of-the-planet-and-into-space-(but in a sexy manner) "Bliss" from Muse ^^ Once I get back to Muse, then I know that I'm alright again. *thumbs-up*

illusion 

  

Essentially, I began by selecting the saddest songs I could think of (which wasn't exactly helping the situation, I know) and then songs which reflected how I was feeling. 


Am I crazy? Yeah, maybe. 

But I do believe in catharsis (re: Aristotle), so wallowing in self-pity for a little while helps me to crawl out of whatever hold I've fallen into. That's pretty much the story behind illusion. If you decide to listen to all of it, you'll notice a transition in the sound from pretty depressing to better - it was meant to reflect the process of healing. Even though this playlist was created to be pretty dark, I love each of these songs individually or as parts of other playlists, and I do recommend you listen to them :)

The following letter is composed entirely from my favorite lyrics from the songs included in illusion, and in the order that the songs appear. Although I did create the final product as a whole, I take no ownership of the individual lyrics. I know it sounds a bit awkward with the transitions in person (ie. from "my/I'm" to "you" to "she" and then back again), but I wanted to preserve the original lyrics in all their beauty.



Hello, I'm your mind giving you someone to talk to.

My wounded rhymes make silent cries tonight. Sadness is a blessing, sadness is a pearl, oh sadness I'm your girl. The feeling sometimes, wishing you were someone else, felling as though you never belong. Please don't cry now. Please don't go, I want you to stay, I'm begging you please, please don't leave here. I don't want you to hate for all the hurt that you feel, the world is just illusion trying to change you. Gonna hold ya, gonna kiss ya, gonna take ya, away from harm. Maybe not from the directions you are staring at... seduced by the light  of butterflies - how they shimmer, how they glimmer, those butterflies. Look at her with her eyes like a flame. Ownership is an illusion... something burns in me, something turns in me, something yearns in me: I'm my own sun. You don't have to love me, all the time.

I travel the world and the seven seas everybody's looking for something. She's crying to herself because eyes never once looked cruel, but the moon in the blade shimmered like a jewel. Elude the harsh reality of our lands, we saw tears and tragedy, rejoin the back of rebel angels at night like apparitions of an infantry. I never knew daylight could be so violent. A revelation in the light of day, you can't choose what stays and what fades away, and I'd do anything to make you stay. No light, no light...

The times you don't want to wake up, cause when you sleep its never over when you give up. Dark out, but you still gotta lie up, you need to wake up, gotta keep your face up. I have no space, no room to move around and this box is getting smaller I'm trying to get out. How did I get so far from where I was? When did I decide to lose my way? Who have I become? I've got a new low, I see now that I won't let go. Well who am I? I've been right, I've been left. I've been wrong: I've been left, behind. I've been up, but mostly down.

Wait, I don't ever want to be here. Like punching in a dream, breathing life into the nightmare. And not to pull your halo down around your neck and tug you to the ground. Your halo's slipping down, your halo's slipping down to choke you now. No matter what name she goes under, I dig her deeply and no wonder, for she's been lovely to me, and I'm the better for having met her. Everything about you is how I'd want to be. Your freedom comes naturally. Everything about you resonates happiness, now I won't settle for less. Give me all the peace and joy in your mind...

Suddenly I know I'm not sleeping.

Hello, I'm still here - all that's left of yesterday. 

This is what happens when iKaria is sad, lol

iKaria

P.S. I feel better now 


No comments:

Post a Comment