Sunday, August 14, 2011

Help, I'm Alive

[insert caption]

Good tunes, good foods and good weather = happy iKaria B)

Here's what I've been listening to this weekend:
Beastie Boys

During production:"how many celebs can we fit into one music video?"

A Perfect Circle

"Your halo slipping down to choke you now"
It took me too long to find this song again and now I can't stop listening to it.

Metric

I've always wanted to do something with this song.
I really love the lyrics:

Did they tell you
You should grow up
When you wanted
To dream

Did they warn you
Better shape up
If you want to
succeed

I don't know about you
Who are they talking to
They're not talking to me

I'm higher than high
Lower than deep
I'm doing it wrong
Singing along

... and so on

Holcombe Waller

iTunes download of the week - go get it!

Grizzly Bear

While I do not condone the literary integrity of the Twilight novels, I will stand behind their soundtracks. They've got pwopa taste in MUSEic!

Medeski, Martin & Wood

This trio of awesomeness really deserve their own post... coming soon!

Arcade Fire

I can honestly say this was not what I was expecting for the music video, but it made me think.

What do YOU think?

My heart keeps beating like a hammer,
iKaria

Just in case you were wondering, the title of this post came from this song:

2 comments:

  1. The arcade fire video is darker than I would have suspected from that group, but I like it, they show a good representation of some of the social issues that are attributed to the suburban lifestyle. Cool song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way and I wondered whether they weren't going to do something like this. If you look at Rebellion (Lies) it sounds deceivingly happy but the album is called "Funeral". I think the nature of Arcade Fire is to be potent. Put a carefree song with powerful images. Gotta love Canadian music!

    ReplyDelete