Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Raveonettes

T.G.I.F.: "This guy is fabadabadosy"


Okayyyy, I had a little help....Google search: funny words beginning with f and I get a whole list of words that I NEVER really plan on saying (at least where I can be heard - cause some of them look kinda fun to try and say!). 
WINNING = finding out that The Raveonettes are performing at a music festival near me. Which means that it's time to pull this band from The Master List and do a musician profile!


Meet Sune Rose Wagner and Sharin Foo
BUBBLEZ!!!
They're a Danish indie rock duo and they just released their 5th studio album, Raven In the Grave earlier this year. Their songs "Last Dance" and "Suicide" have both been featured on Gossip Girl.


*clears throat*

This musical friendship began on the very same day as the creation of this blog (this is only important because, for some reason, I happen to remember). It was a blustery day in February and instead of working on a paper, as I really should have been (in hindsight), I was leap-frogging videos on YouTube. I think the first song I heard was "Last Dance", followed by "Black/White" and then "Suicide".  


Last Dance


Suicide


Black/White


Aly, Walk With Me


Heart of Stone
This could be a Nightmare Before Christmas edition of The Sims!

Bang!



This will be a SA-WEET t-shirt B)
I (mostly) always buy a t-shirt after every concert I attend, let's see if I can list them all:
  • Muse (5x)
  • Lights
  • Trans Siberian Orchestra
  • Sarah Brightman
  • Phantom of the Opera (2x)
  • Cirque du Soleil (not a 'concert' I know, but there was music there :D)
  • I remembered! ... Metric
I didn't buy one for Josh Groban, Nine Inch Nails or Beijing Orchestra (come to think of it, I'm not sure they sold shirts :/). I'm pretty sure I've forgotten someone! It'll come to me later...  


And just because Black/White reminded me of it, I've always LUVD the video for this song.
Girl and the Sea 


Toodle-loo!

2 comments:

  1. WELL PLAYED! The Raveonettes sound great! Can't wait to see them in concert 8)

    Yours truly,

    T.G.I.F. (The Greatest iKaria Fan)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear it!

    ... and I'm really diggin' your T.G.I.F ;)

    ReplyDelete