Friday, June 17, 2011

Neverending White Lights



I was going to title this post "The Raveonettes Part II" but, aside from being a lame title, I have enough history with this band to more than justify having it's own post!

First, what does Neverending White Lights have to do with The Raveonettes? Haha! Well, without ever realizing it 'till just a few months ago, I'd been listening to Sune Rose Wagner since 2008! Here is the song:



Last of the Great Lovers
I wouldn't have chosen CSI but this is the ONLY video on YouTube of this song...

Now for the musician profile: The Neverending White Lights is a Canadian musical collaboration project fronted by Daniel Victor. Basically, this means that Daniel creates all the music (guitars, drums, vocals etc..) in his basement and then hires musicians for tours. Sounds like a labour of love to me!

I first heard them on TV, and the only reason I bothered to hunt them down on the web was that *hem* I thought the drummer was kinda cute... low and behold, he wasn't even a permanent member of the band >.<

ANYWAYS, here is my favorite NWL song!


Always

And guess what? There's even a connection to Melissa Auf Der Maur!
The World Is Darker

 

And finally, I created the post to review Lady Gaga's new album Born This Way a while ago... but until I get around to finishing it, here's a little something Google Chrome came up with. According to some reviews, this video is better than the actual music video :s

Edge of Glory 

No comments:

Post a Comment