Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Who is Bob Sinclar?

This looks like fun, now don't it?

Since a picture is "worth a thousand words", in short (or long, I guess?) he's this guy.

... I wonder... was the person who first made that comment about pictures ripping off of Homer's comment about Helen of Troy/Sparta's "face that launched a thousand ships"?

Anyhoo, what reminded me of dear ole Bob (whose real name, btw, is Christophe Le Friant... I dunno, I think I would have stuck with the original name) was the music video/ short film for Martin Solvieg ft. Dragonette's single, Hello. Just as a little info byte, Dragonette is a Canadian electropop group; I first heard them at a party in grade 10 I think and the song was called "Take It Like a Man". The lead singer, Martina Sorbara, is the daughter of a Canadian MP who was the former finance minister of Ontario... I bet he was real happy with her choice of career... XD   

Hello
This video made me smile a big grinny grin ^_^

If you already know Bob, then bear with me but for those who don't here's a little bit about him: he's a French record producer and house music DJ and ALL of you have heard Bob's stuff (seriously, why "Bob"???). Seen any Lotto 649 commercials in the last few years? Well, that upbeat whistling tune, you guessed it, that's one of Bob's (his fake name bothers me) biggest hits!


Love Generation 
It's "Grrrrrrreat!"

But there are a couple more that you've heard before too!

World Hold On


Rock This Party
Ha! He makes a cameo in this one too!

Soo, pretty much we've all been listening to him for ages! I remember when I first had this revelation a few years ago - it was like an ice cube dropped down the back of my shirt. THAT shocking, I know!
 

....
 

Aww, dammit! I'm getting hungry again... whywhywhy does the morning always seem to sneak up on me??

No comments:

Post a Comment