Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Within Temptation: The Unforgiving

Within Temptation changing it up a bit - I like it! 

Within Temptation's new album The Unforgiving comes out next month and the first single "Faster" is a different sound but, like Muse's The Resistance, it's still true to their sound.

This is the single:


And this is the short film, Mother Maiden, that goes with it:
It's kinda creepy (the little munchkins remind me of a cross between the little boy from The Grudge and Samara from The Ring...) but then again, maybe we need more black and less Bieber. Ooops, did I say that aloud?

Naw, I've got nothing against Biebs but I felt I needed to make fun of the fact that his getting a hair cut *gasp* makes the news....
 


Right after Muse, Within Temptation is one of my favorite bands and here's a sample of the sound I first fell in love with (okay, and the music video reminded me a LOT of The Phantom of the Opera -  my pre-Muse obsession at the time).

Memories

And Jane Doe (Live)

Just as an aside, I think it's cute that Sharon and Robert (the bald guitarist who speaks at the beginning of Jane Doe... took me ages to figure that out >.<) were college sweethearts, started a band together, and now have 2 children.

Oh, and here's another single from the new album (sry, just ignore the screaming/fighting sounds - it was used as a promo song for a movie and I can't find a vid without them) :






Mini-bio: Within Temptation is a Dutch symphonic/ gothic metal/ rock band founded in 1996 by Sharon den Adel and Robert Westerholt.

2 comments:

  1. memories - still one of my favourite videos ever.
    haha i wonder if you'll ever read this comment given the fact i don't think blogger notifies people of comments xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rae!<3
    I don't know if I get notifications, but I keep my cyber-eyes peeled for any comments :P
    I don't know if I ever told you but the first time I ever heard Memories was in a fan-video tribute to Tuck Everlasting! Now THAT brings back some memories....

    ReplyDelete