Saturday, February 27, 2010

Warm and Sunny Daze.


Part II

Helium, Hydrogen gasses. Solar neutrino, planetary masses.
Organism – breathing in breath out.
Water and oxygen, but...
How should I ask the hamster or the trout?

The sun pats me on the back as the wind kisses my check,
Birds are talking the fallen leaves are laughing,
Snow melting into the soil – a green sprout amid the skeletal arms of bushes.
I smile as I watch the plane fly through the calm coloured ceiling of the world.

Radiometric dating, P wave, S wave – wave goodbye.
This is your half-life in the natural fission reactor.
Decay, decay, away. Why does uranium turn to lead?
Can lead be promoted to uranium? Demotion...

Walk.
I walk – always walking never stopping. Walk up, walk down. Walk to get me from one place to another, get there and walk back. Walk forward. Walk fast. Walk slowly to watch the flowers. Watch the trees, touch the bark. Smile at the rabbit, the bird. They blink, I walk on.
Walk on concrete walk on grass. Walk on the moon.

Why is the moon? Glancing collision vaporized Earth’s crust. OR
Artemis and Apollo – Moon and the Sun
The huntress, chasing her brother across the sky. That’s better.

Walking, walking, walking on ice. Break the surface, walk on water.
Then walk on...

People all around me – but here I sit alone. Alone? All Alone? All one, Al.
Here I sit – looking out the window. I see trees, the sun sees me.
I wave, he smiles. I’m happy.

Listen to the music, feel the sun, write the words. I smile with all my being because I am right here, right now - perfection. Bliss? Maybe not quite, but close, I think.

I see a guy – face painted like a mime, why is the mime crying? Or maybe he is waiting for the Twilight. Where is his Bella? Over the cliff... going, going, found! By That Guy. The Other Guy. Him. Poor mime.

I paint my face to make them laugh. I wear hats, and silliness on my head – to make them happy, make you laugh and smile. Are they happier? I’m happier – wearing big pink headphones on my head now. Listen to the February playlist, over and over.

Momentum, momentous, moment. This moment, perfect. Vivaldi’s spring is just around the corner.

Oh, goodbye mime!

6 comments:

  1. Impressive and thoughtful. Reminds me of english with Rita Wong and Adam Dickinson. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I did have those two in mind! I always liked how they were able to convey an idea without ever having to say it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to get annoyed with poetry that didn't just come out and say what it wanted to say, but since last semester I've really come to understand how much more you can get out of ambiguous poetry.
    Will you be a published author doing classroom skype visits one day? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way - I'll do Starwars-style HOLOGRAM visits! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. :D Nice, I'd go to a lecture with a hologram visit!
    That reminds me of something I saw on notcot.org haha... http://www.notcot.org/post/28651/ 3D Hologram technology exists today, check out this company called Musion: http://www.musion.co.uk/index.html

    ReplyDelete